The Kent Gardens Dolphins will be in Division 7 this year. 2017 should be a more competitive season for us, and we're thrilled to be back swimming with some of our old friends and closest rivals.
Mark your calendars now for these important dates!
- May 16 - LAST DAY for personalized silicone cap orders
- May 30 - FIRST PRACTICE
- June 5 - LAST DAY to purchase other spirit wear
- June 9 - Suit Swap
- June 14 & 15 - Sport Fair at KGRC to sell new suits, goggles, etc. Team T-Shirts given out.
- June 17 - TIME TRIALS
- June 19 - B Meet at HIGHLANDS
- June 23 - TEAM PHOTOS / POTLUCK
- June 24 - A Meet DOMINION HILLS @ KGRC
- June 26 - B Meet HAMLET @ KGRC
- July 1 - A Meet KGRC @ ORANGE HUNT
- July 3 - B Meet @ CHESTERBROOK
- July 8 - A Meet FAIRFAX STATION @ KGRC; SENIOR RECOGNITION DAY
- July 9 - KGRC outing at the Washington Nationals
- July 10 - B Meet @ McLEAN
- July 12 - Relay Carnival @ MANTUA
- July 15 - A Meet @ ARLINGTON FOREST
- July 17 - B Meet HIGH POINT @ KGRC
- July 22 - A Meet KGRC @ MANTUA
- July 24 - INTRASQUAD MEET / LOLLIPOP RACES / ICE CREAM SOCIAL
- July 29 - DIVISIONALS @ ORANGE HUNT
- July 30 - AWARDS BANQUET AND POTLUCK
New for 2017 - After school lets out, Mini-Dolphins will have a choice of practice sessions just like their older siblings! Mini-Dolphins will be able to choose either morning (10:00-10:30am) or afternoon (4:30-5:00pm)
May 30 - June 23
- 4:30-5:00pm - Mini-Dolphins
- 5:00-6:00pm - 8 and unders
- 5:30-6:30pm - 9-10s (yes, practice times overlap)
- 6:30-7:30pm - 11 and up
June 26 - July 28
- 7:30-9:00am - 11 and up
- 9:00-10:00am - 10 and unders
- 10:00-10:30am - Mini-Dolphins
- 4:30-5:00pm - Mini-Dolphins
- 5:00-6:00pm - 9 and under
- 6:00-7:00pm - 10 and up
SUPPORT YOUR SWIMMER BY VOLUNTEERING
Our dolphins love nothing more than seeing their parents involved at the meets. If you're interested in becoming a key volunteer, email Sara Weinstock at firstname.lastname@example.org. She will let you know how to attend a 2-hour clinic at NVSL University to become certified in one of the key positions.
Otherwise, we always need volunteers at each meet.
2017 Time Trials and B Meet Volunteer Opportunities - Each of these jobs is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED and we typically need as many as 25 volunteers for EACH MEET from OUR TEAM. IF YOU HAVE A CHILD SWIMMING, SOMEONE FROM YOUR FAMILY SHOULD BE DRESSED IN BLUE AND WHITE ON THE POOL DECK VOLUNTEERING
2017 A Meet Volunteer Opportunities - Each of these jobs is NO EXPERIENCE REQUIRED and we typically need 18 volunteers (excluding trained key volunteers) for EACH MEET from OUR TEAM
DONATE TO THE TEAM - ONE AND DONE! Please sign up for one donated item per swimmer, or donate $20 to be used for Tuesday Treats and other supplies as the season goes on. Once you have donated, your swimmer can receive their complimentary 2017 KGRC Dolphins T-shirt. Please bring donations on June 14 or 15.
SWIM TEAM APPAREL AND SPIRIT WEAR
Sport Fair is our team suit supplier, and they'll be at our pool before and during practice on June 14 and 15. You can purchase a suit at that time, or you can visit their store at 5010 Lee Highway in Arlington. Girl suits are about $65 and boy suits are about $45.
If you're interested in Spirit Wear, visit our Team Store. The LAST DAY to purchase personalized silicone caps is MAY 16, and the LAST DAY to purchase other spirit wear is JUNE 5. All orders will be ready for pick up at Time Trials.
Last Updated: May 2, 2017